Tuesday 12 March 2013



After a lengthy discussion with a kindred spirit/soul sister/creative encourager I have decided to get into the blogosphere again. I have to say that life has gotten the better end of my priorities lately, and writing has gone by the way side, nevertheless, words, sentences, stories and narratives are constantly swirling in my head. Recently, due to a laptop malfunction (aka it fell of my lap) I have been without keyboard, and even more recently had major emergency abdominal surgery, thus the reason for my recent absence. (I won’t bore by even beginning to go into the remiss of last year)

I never promised myself that I would post regularly, but recently I have had a lot of thoughts on mental health and how it relates to creative expression. My goal is to post some forms of my expression: art, poetry and feelings on the creative struggle.

Of course that is the projected concept; we will see what life throws my way.

To start I will share a poem that I wrote and shared with a friend. We were conversing about the desire to balance our desire to create vs. distractions. I was ecstatically honored for her to share the poem on her blog.

To read the poem and for a more eloquently stated summary of what led up to its inception, please see afterthought composer.

 
Art is not a treasure in the past or an importation from another land, but part of the present life of all living and creating peoples.
-Franklin D. Roosevelt


No comments:

Post a Comment